There are two common scenarios where you will be prompted for your keyring password:
- You are set to auto-login (no login prompt when you start your computer)
- Your keyring password is different than your login password
For #1, if you want to remove the keyring password prompt, it is recommended you setup a login for Ubuntu and set the keyring password to be the same as your Ubuntu login password.
For #2 you can change the keyring password to be the same as your login password by:
- Open Applications->Accessories->Passwords And Encryption Keys or on Ubuntu 11.04 press the "super key" (Windows key on most keyboards) and type "Passwords" then click on "Passwords and Encryption Keys"
- Right-click on the "Passwords" folder and select "Change Password"
- Set the new keyring password to be the same as your login password
Still have questions?
If this doesn't answer your question, please contact us for support.